Archive for the ‘Use Your Coupons’ Category
More and more people are turning to coupons to eat and drink for less. Restaurants want you to use the coupons they offer because it brings in new clientele and a chance for returning business. At the same time you don’t want to come off as a cheapskate, especially if you love the food and will return for more.
Here are some tips to having an enjoyable meal with your restaurant coupon:
1. Read the fine print before you go to the restaurant and if you have questions, ask your server. There’s nothing more frustrating than eating at a wonderful restaurant only to find out you went on a blackout date. Your servers should be more than happy to explain the coupon to you, so don’t be embarrassed to ask.
2. Hand over your coupon upfront. This will avoid confusion and make your dining experience a lot smoother. Tell the restaurant when you make your reservation (if applicable), tell your hostess, and more importantly tell your server.
3. Don’t be a Diva. I think this applies with or without a coupon.
4. Tip the pre-discount total: The server gave you the same service he or she would give without the coupon so remember to tip on the pre-discount total. Just because a diner has a coupon doesn’t mean the waiter should take a pay cut.
5. Let them know if you loved your experience. It’s polite and might make the restaurant more inclined to offer coupons in the future
Want to know more?: http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/08/31/55-blackboardeats-com-founder-maggie-nemser/